My daughter turned three 2 weeks ago. I cannot believe how fast time went by. To celebrate this big day I wanted to make something easy, healthy that everyone of course could eat, especially Mia. These cupcakes are light and so yummy, the frosting will need to be added when you are ready to eat the cupcakes, sprinkle with shredded coconut and raw cacao nibs when it is ready to serve. Print Total Time 50 min Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cup of wholemeal flour
- 1/2 cup of melted cold press coconut oil (odorless)
- 1 tbs of baking powder
- 1/2 ts of vanilla powder
- 1/2 cup of maple sirup
- 3/4 cup of almond milk (or any nut milk)
- Avocado/ chocolate frosting
- 1 avocado
- 100g of melted chocolate or 1/2 cup of raw cacao (I use green and black)
- 3 tbs of maple sirup (add more if needed)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
- Combine the flour, baking powder and vanilla powder
- Add the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, almond milk,
- Stir well
- Place the mixture into a mini cupcake tray
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Let it cool down while preparing the frosting
- To make the avocado/ chocolate frosting
- Place the avocado, melted chocolate and maple syrup in a small blender. Blend until smooth
- Place the frosting on the cupcakes using a spoon or a decorating tip.
- Eat immediately
- This time i use some melted dark chocolate from Green & Black but some raw cacao or carob powder will have a nice taste too. I made 16 mini cupcakes from the mixture but had only one cupcake tray so i made it in two times.
- If you wish to eat the cupcake later, place the frosting in the fridge and assemble last minute.
- I hope you will enjoy as much as we all did.